Agenda Day 2
8:00 am - 9:00 am REGISTRATION AND COFFEE
9:00 am - 9:15 am CHAIRPERSON’S OPENING ADDRESS KEYNOTE
9:15 am - 10:00 am KEYNOTE ADDRESS: CREATING FUTURE LIGHTING SYSTEMS TO DELIVER BRAND RECOGNITION AND CUSTOMIZATION
• Identifying creative ways to build brand recognition into interior lighting systems
• Linking emotional response to customized lighting to maximize early adoption by automotive customers
• What new technologies can be leveraged to build out the “cool” factor of brand amplification
10:00 am - 10:45 am PLANNING FOR THE NEAR FUTURE: WHAT ARE HOT BUTTON LIGHTING ISSUES FOR MILLENNIALS?
• What does research say about millennial women and men automotive lighting priorities?
• Recognizing what is different in millennial safety concerns
• Pinpointing aesthetics that have broad appeal to maturing millennials
10:45 am - 11:15 am MORNING COFFEE AND NETWORKING
11:15 am - 12:00 pm CONFIGURING COLOR HARMONY IN AUTOMOTIVE INERIOR LIGHTING
• Human eye anatomy and properties
• Basics of photometry, correlation between photometric measurements and visual appearance
• Color harmony in the vehicle
• Correlation between color harmony, photometric measurements and visual appearance
• Experimental approach for color harmony requirements
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm LUNCH AND MEET & GREET
1:00 pm - 1:45 pm SCALING LED HEADLAMPS FOR BUDGET TO LUXURY VEHICLE MARKETS: IDENTIFYING NECESSARY COMPONENT CHANGES
· Preparing OEMs for key priority changes in LED lighting architecture requirements
· Evaluating and developing efficient and effective strategies to shift body controls to low voltage environments
· What new modules and systems are necessary to change current architecture so body controls work in low voltage?
1:45 pm - 2:30 pm IDENTIFYING SHIFTING NEEDS FOR AUTONOMOUS VEHICLE EXTERIOR LIGHTING
• What does the future of exterior lighting look like as society moves mainstreams autonomous vehicles?
• Preparing exterior lighting that is responsive to the outside world and pedestrian needs
• Establishing external lighting needs of the autonomous vehicle passenger
2:30 pm - 3:00 pm AFTERNOON TEA AND NETWORKING
3:00 pm - 3:45 pm INTEGRATING CAR SENSORS WITH EXTERIOR LIGHTING ON AUTONOMOUS VEHICLES
• Outlining the challenges to integrating car sensors and exterior lighting components on autonomous vehicles
• Detecting opportunities for easier integration as auto lighting industry shift to using smaller LED/OLED technologies creates
• How will adding sensor tech affect external automotive lighting design?