Automotive lighting, both exterior and interior, has seen sweeping changes over the last five to ten years with the introduction of LED and OLED technologies. The flexibility of the tech has created many new design possibilities, enabling functional and aesthetic improvements. Download this report to learn about the future of LED and OLED automotive lighting.
Automotive lighting has been the subject of great innovations in terms of comfort and functionality like Glare Free High Beam and Camera-based Front Lighting. However, the segment is being reshaped by connected, electric, autonomous & shared vehicles. Hear thoughts from Michael Koherr, Advanced Lighting R&A EESE, Ford Research & Advanced Engineering Europe, and Ralf Klädtke, CTO - Vice Chairman Executive Board, ZKW, in this exclusive interview.
The automotive lighting industry is forecasted to grow substantially over the next few years, partially fueled by the movement towards autonomous, electric, shared, and connected vehicles. With this in mind, we decided to take a look at the latest developments that have transpired this year within the automotive lighting market. More specifically, this eBook discusses the following in-depth:
- Status Update on the Proposed Changes to U.S. Lighting Regulations
- The Latest Developments in Adaptive Driving Beam Headlights & Laser Headlights
- LED and Interior Lighting Market Trends & Revenue Forecasts
We spoke with our 2019 chairperson, Frank Schwartz, to discuss the importance of vehicle lighting and the impact Uber's 2018 autonomous vehicle accident has had on the lighting community.
Schwartz also shares insights on:
- The influence of lighting on overall safety
- Recent developments in the lighting market
- Preparing for autonomous vehicles & the broad challenges that must still be overcome
- Improving visibility for pedestrians and other vehicles
- Establishing autonomous vehicle external lighting needs
- Why you should attend the upcoming summit
- And much more!
Download this exclusive report to expand your lighting knowledge on:
- OLEDs vs LEDs in 2019
- Recent regulation developments in the United States regarding adaptive driving beam technology
- Expanding the application of lasers in lighting
In preparation for Advanced Lighting for Automotive 2019, we wanted to exclusively share these past presentations with you. Below you will find expert content on:
- Headlamp Rating Systems: What Characteristics Are Important? How Can Ratings Drive Technology / Design Improvements?, Shannen Borngesser, Global Technical Team Leader, Exterior Lighting- General Motors
- The Future of Automotive Exterior Lighting - OPTIS North America
- Design and Engineering Trends in Exterior Lighting, Frank Schwartz, Principal- Advanced Automotive Consulting Services (AACS)
- How the Evolution of Lighting Functions Can Help Provide Additional Consumer Safety, Terrence Wilson, Supervisor — Lincoln Exterior Lighting at Ford
Ahead of the upcoming Advanced Lighting for Automotive Summit this May in Detroit, we took a look at the latest automotive technology trends. The automotive industry is in a transformational stage in terms of lighting, with several new technologies coming to the market that offer improved performance, safety and aesthetics. This eBook looks at the latest trends in automotive lighting and highlights which technologies are not yet permitted in the United States.
We sat down with Brian Baker to discuss current trends and challenges within lighting technologies, how autonomous vehicle lighting will differ from today's vehicles, and much more.
Brian Baker is an internationally experienced automotive designer, educator, historian, author and TV producer. He spent 25 years as a GM designer of concept and production vehicles in Europe and the US, including the Chevrolet SSR. He also helped develop the Discovery Channel series “Future Car” and is a consultant to History Channel's "Top Gear."
We spoke with Terrence Wilson, R&D Manager of Advanced Developments and New Technology Innovations at Magna International, to answer the following questions:
- What are a few best practices to keep in mind when defining use cases for OLED integration?
- What are some of the largest design challenges associated with OLED lighting today?
- What are your key objectives/priorities for the next 2-5 years?
- As a speaker at the upcoming Advanced Lighting for Automotive Summit, what is one message you hope attendees take away from your presentation?